Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving in East Mesa....

Well I did have a project for today....!  And I set out on the motor scooter to find a better tool...  You see at the Lake I use a metal stand like device that has a pop can inside of it...

This device stands my chicken upright in the gas grill with the pop can or beer can inside....  The can by itself seems to always fall over spilling its contents...

As many times as I have been in Home Depot and Lowes, you would have thought I would have purchased one of these little devices...  But no, didn't think of it......

Wal Mart was open and I did purchase a nice grill brush to clean the grates, but no chicken stands....  Home Depot was closed, and its door alarm was going crazy with mostly everyone ignoring the siren....  And then over to check on Lowes, which was totally shuttered as well....

Oh, well back to the baking pan..  This time I wrapped it in tin foil with taller sides to catch the grease better....  And after an hour and a half the internal temp of the bird was about 180.... more than done....

Loyce had all the trimmings done inside so we feasted outside next to the grill in the newly planted back yard garden...  The temperature outside was a pleasant 79 degrees...   We were in our shorts for the perfect day...

To top it all off, I had a double sized piece of pumpkin pie with whipped cream......  That did me in as I was napping about a half an hour later...

From then on we watched TV and did our small hobbies  fro the rest of the day....

What do you have planned for Black Friday....???

Retired Rod

8 comments:

  1. No Black Friday for me. Doesn't even present itself as a remote possibility. It's the same with "Boxing Day", which is the day after Christmas in Canada when all the stores slash their prices. I'd just as soon stay home, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry and I have a fun day of work planned for today. :) Hopefully those days are numbered!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be taking the Grands. to the Magic house, a great Kid attraction in Kirkwood MO. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recovering is the plan for our day. Definitely NOT shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to be able to eat Thanksgiving dinner outdoors! As for today, I plan to rest up from all the excitement of being out yesterday and eating so much. No shopping for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lazing around here most of the day...after the big feed yesterday...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dinner out doors sounded pretty nice! We spent our day Christmas shopping And keeping the Canadian economy going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Southern California may have to declare bankruptcy now that you folks aren't down here spreading Loonies all over the holiday season.....!!!

      Delete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...