Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Monday...

I lost myself in the screen of the little android transformer tablet again this morning messing around with features and programs...  Where does the time go when you have your head down like that....

When I came back awake it was almost 1 PM....  So I went outside and began messing around in the yard with the weed whip hoe thing...   I don't know what to call it but it is really like work to run it thru the gravel....  Didn't last at that very long....

But then I decided to take a newer photo of the house for the header photo, as the clouds overhead were fluffy and puffy....  I installed that a few minutes ago after cropping and some very minimal changes to the back lighting...  Its hard to improve on the newer Panasonic camera's out of the box shot...

The cropping makes the picture the right size to fit in the header after its exported down to the 800 pixel size in Picasa....  I get the top to bottom size correct, but since everyone's screen is a different width, I leave it somewhat narrow so that it doesn't oversize the smaller sized monitors...  It filled the tablet about right, when I looked.... so I was done with that...

Otherwise I was out on the scooter again today as it was 79 degrees officially this afternoon, and I was seeing 83 in the sun on the dash of the bike...

This town goes on forever and that is just between here and the East side of Phoenix...  I seldom make it over into anywhere East of Tempe or Scottsdale....  I rode toward downtown Mesa today but never made it past about East 25th street...  Mesa starts numbering streets as west at downtown and goes another 40 blocks that way before you cross into Tempe...  And they have their own numbering system....

In Kansas City all the numbering is off of the KC downtown in Missouri on a North to South basis, so we live about 135 blocks from downtown... Here there are twice that many blocks just getting over to Phoenix...  I can get lost without some help like the GPS or finding an Interstate to get my bearings...

Anyway I was gone about three hours on the bike.....  Then the car needed washed....  But enough of this drivel, nothing more here is worth reporting so onward to tomorrow....!

Retired Rod

1 comment:

  1. Nice header photo. One of these days I might just have to come up with something.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...