Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pigging out .......

We managed to have lunch today at one of my favorites joints here in Mesa today...  When we were here in July, they were remodeling the place and had all the carpet and much of decor on the walls pulled outside being loaded into a dumpster....

And in keeping with my mantra of only one more Hamburger to go, the joint was Fuddrucker's...  They freshly grind their hamburger right before they make it into a patty for you....  And the buns were tall and tender today such that when I cut into one I almost crushed it....

So with hand cut fries on the side and fresh hot melted cheese to dip those fries in, I gobbled the entire meal with lightning speed....  Should a got a bigger one......

But I was trying to be on my best behavior because we had company for this luncheon encounter, and they already knew that my burger addiction was close to popeye's buddy wimpy....

These fine folks came to our house mid morning and enjoyed the early morning sun on our back porch. Since we had not seen them since last February some time when we were on their porch out at Dogpound South, we had a lot of catching up to do.....  These people would be John and Brenda Brown...!!!

Its a long way to Dogpound North in Alberta, where they spend their summers, so we weren't able to go over everything that had happened all summer in only a short few hours, but eventually we had to leave the restaurant...  The wait staff had long ago taken our plates away and we had drank all the tea in the Iced tea canister....

Now the challenge will be to re convene this meeting again as winter progresses...  Perhaps in a location where it is somewhat more central between us....

After the restaurant, we went over to the motorcycle shop, looking for that hinge part that I ordered for my white scooter...  It was supposed to be in town by now, but we didn't have any luck....

I did purchase enough oil and a filter to change the main crankcase of the scooter..  Since this bike was purchased used, I really have no records as to how the machine was maintained...  But when the change oil light came on this past weekend, I think I have no choice but to assume it means exactly what it indicates....

Later tonight, after a stop at Wally World, we came home and made a lasagna from fresh ingredients...  Well fresh other than the sauce which was from a Hunt's big can...  I like their can, better than any of the jarred variety...   We did use real ricotta cheese and lots of mozzarella, along with Italian sausage...  It was rather good too...

So I think we will have to have bread and water tomorrow to make up for a day of good eating here in the East Valley....

Retired Rod

4 comments:

  1. As my late Grandpa used to say, changing oil is a lot cheaper than changing motors.Glad to see you had a good visit with the Dogpatch crew.It is getting colder here at the Ranch you left while the getting was good. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a good idea to pay attention to the oil lights.

    I like the Hunts sauce too. (And it's cheaper to boot)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a Hunt's Italian sauce fan as well. Glad you got to have lunch with John and Brenda at Fuddruckers. Our last Fudd's left town several years ago - still can't figure out why it wasn't more popular. You are still the 'oil-changiest guy' I've ever known.

    Sure would have been nice to see a pic of JB chowing down on a Fudd-Burger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like burgers but I definitely think you've got me beat. I'm hoping that next week Jim will feel up to a burger at Skies.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...