Tuesday, November 13, 2012

It works!!

We slowed things down here a bunch today, as I was out on the White Scooter that I call Salt...  It has a lot fewer miles on it than the black one back in KC and runs much tighter...  They are both the same year...

I went over to the motorhome and fired up the genny and set the King Dome in motion trying to find its satellite...  It came right on and began its sweeping of the sky while I held my breath.........

But in its third pass of the sky it stopped and did some little short zip zips and stopped with the light on solid....  Just like that it worked beautifully..  Whewwwwwwww!

I shut everything down and declared that the dome must have been loose for quite some time as we haven't found the bird that fast for several years..    So now it is up to me to re seal all the brackets...

Mid afternoon, I headed out on the scoot for Camping World to get some of the rubber sealer for the roof..  And they had just what I was looking for too, but since it said RV on the tube it was $9.95 ...

I only purchased one tube and we will see how that goes.  I will have to dig out some more of the old stuff and then clean the roof where the sealer goes on...  That will require a hose and a bucket of soap...  So on a warmer day we will need to bring the rig back here to the house...

It was about 15 miles each way over to CW so the ride took more of the afternoon than I originally thought...  It was dark once I was back home..  I rode the city streets rather than use the superstition freeway..  That thing is 5 lanes wide and rolls like crazy...  While I am used to the highway and ride the interstate in Kansas, Arizona is another ball game all together...

We reached 72 degrees for a few hours this afternoon, which was a lot better than the weekend...  Perhaps the warm up is under way...  The sun is much hotter down here than in Kansas so just being out in it is quite pleasant even if the temps aren't all that warm...

Retired Rod

1 comment:

  1. So nice that it turned out to be an easier fix for the dome. We avoid 60 if at all possible. Those people are nuts out there. The 101 is just as bad.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...