Saturday, November 24, 2012

Black Friday without shopping...

I wasn't going to go out shopping on Black Friday and slept in in the morning just to make the point....  But I didn't have any encouragement from Loyce as she said she wasn't about to brave any of the crowds...

But since today was my Birthday and I became old enough for all those entitlements that I have paid into for so many years, I was pleasantly surprised to find my UPS man banging on my door about noon....

This drives Biscuit batty as she goes into her attack dog mode charging for the door in an uncontrollable manner...  Where's the dog whisperer when you need him.....?

Of course Loyce accused me of having ordered another watch which she said I didn't need...   And I knew from instant messaging that my oldest son, and more correctly his wife Mel, had sent me a present...  But I played along and told Loyce that it was about time I ordered another watch since I hadn't received one for a couple of months....

But inside the overnight box was a set of Harley Davidson wide web suspenders and a new pair of nose pickers.....  I know, that's gross, and I didn't even know what those were until some of my lunch brothers had to explain that fingerless gloves were so named....

Mel got it right off the bat when I asked what they thought my gloves were called.... Chris kind of shook his head, but sure enough that made for a good gift....  And this HD accessory paraphernalia  stuff isn't cheap, so I appreciate their thought...

Anyway I eventually broke my rule about not shopping on BF when I went to Lowes...  And they had those drill bits from the other day, but they were popular and I ended up taking the last package from the rack again....  3/32nds must be the size that everyone breaks off....

So that started another project as today I purchased some LED under counter lights...  They had several sizes, but I bought the 18 inch as they fit under the double cabinet on the back wall of the kitchen..

I didn't know if I could make the light work, and it was $27 so I only purchased one.....  It had the brackets and tiny screws as well as daisy chain cable in the package, once I cut the hermetically sealed blast proof packaging off...

It went up in under an hour, and did a nice job so I ended up going back and getting the second light and some tiny screws and washers to route the wiring...

I used some of the little white cable mounts to route the wires up under the cabinets in order that they can't be seen....  I may have to redo some of that, but for now it works rather nicely...

That was the extent of my projects for today and Loyce was true to her word and never left the house......not worth it she said about BF...

Retired Rod

8 comments:

  1. Hey Rod!! Happy Birthday!!! Many more to come eh???
    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Rod, On Aril 1st I will catch up with you again.I like that Blast proof packaging, remember when tool came coated in cosmoline. Be safe out there. Sam & DOnna..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday old man. You've got me beat by a couple of years but Jim is much older. I'm with Loyce on that BF shopping. No way. Had to go to Walgreens to get Jim's prescription filled and even that place at 1:00 in the afternoon was crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Rod with many more to come. Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy late bday and Turkey Day! TM and I did our part in silent protest of Black Friday and never left the house, either. We're right there with Loyce. Watches, hmmmm? We want to see a pic of you wearing those HD suspenders, Rod!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Rod - and many, many more! Can't wait to see you in a photo with those Larry King suspenders!

    Biscuit's the same as our 2 pups when the doorbell rings - instant chaos! We've never been able to cure them of that habit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rod - Happy Birthday, wishing you many more happy and healthy ones! You and I had the same idea yesterday, I went to Home Depot on BF, figured I couldn't get in too much trouble there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Happy Birthday, and how nice to get a present, especially when it's delivered to your door.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...