Sunday, November 4, 2012

More preparations

Why is it that all of the bills seem to stack up and wait for you to pay attention to them all at once.?  Several years ago, I began paying bills more often than once a month because folks won't wait an entire month anymore.

So I had paid some of the bills in mid October, but still there were piles of them for my attention today.....  We have utilities in three different locations, and more and more I do not rely on the paper bills to pay from...  You never know when the postal service will get them here, and sometimes it is so late that we become delinquent...

I have created signons for all of these pertinent utilities, so much of the days work was signing on and finding out how much each provider wanted this month....  I did match them to the paper bills I had, but several were not here yet..

And true to form, the cable TV company had changed its computer system and I wasn't able to deal with it without additional help...  And I feel that I am beyond the average computer user...  But then maybe that is just my own pipe dream...

But anyway, I had to call and have the company explain that I needed to completely start over as though I was a new customer....  They had even changed my account number..  I was simply without the necessary information to create a new signon..  I wonder why they do that without any explanation.

I kept the lady on the line with me while I set up the new account...  I will need this if I have any hope of handling this vendor when we are not home to receive the paper billing....

So that was where my day went, handling all these little things that end up taking so much time....  By mid afternoon, I was out on the motor scooter mailing the items that couldn't be paid by the online application....

That gave me the opportunity to add gasoline preservative into the motor cycle and the drive to the post office  brought the treated fuel into the injector system...   I guess I am done riding the black bike I call Pepper for the winter... It was about 55 degrees when I was out this afternoon...  Its only going to get colder here so at some point its over here for this season.....

Now many of my Romeo brothers ride all winter and on days that are only somewhat nice...  But they all own electric heated clothes, that plug into the electrical systems of the bike....  I have never purchased any of these items.... My solution has always been to go to Arizona...  And usually with the bike, but this year its different as I have Salt the white bike already down there...

So for the first time I will need to put the trickle charger on Pepper and pickle its gas....

We still have many things to address before we can actually leave the place in Kansas, but we are closer....

Retired Rod

3 comments:

  1. We have everything set up online also...and I gave up trying to remember how to log into all the different utilities...so since retirement I passed that job over to Rick...we also have utilities in 2 different places...and cells...thankfully he is keeping up with it all and I don't have to fog up my brain with 'work like' stuff :)..your getting closer to getting out of there yeahhhh..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I set all my bills up with "Bill Pay" at my bank.
    That way they are all in one place, I don't have to sign on to each account, or send any off, or buy stamps.
    Happy Tails and Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on going to AZ to ride rather than plugging electric clothing into your bike - that sounds kind of dangerous to me!

    I don't think I've paid a bill other than online methods for several years now. It's all pretty much automatic.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...