Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Finding another hinge and more on the Rx

I don't always get the schedule widget set correctly to post the blogs at exactly midnight...  Sometimes it is after midnight when I publish so the widget isn't in need of programming....

Well last night I somehow scheduled the blog to post a week from now at midnight.....  So this morning at about 11 AM I happened to look at the blog, only to find that it hadn't posted....  Grumble grumble......

So I just changed the schedule to right away and posted it.  But by then the day was about half over...

If you read the blog this fall about me purchasing and fixing the fuel door on the black scooter back in Kansas, this will be a repeat....  Because as I was trying to fill up the white scooter over on Ironwood street a couple of days ago, the pump wouldn't take keyboard entries..  Press the buttons all you want but nothing registered...

So I had to move the bike over to the next pump..  with the cap off, and the fuel door was open.......   And sure enough when I got back off the bike I drug my leg over the open door...  Only to knock it off to the ground and break the little pegs that make up the hinge...  Exact same parts as before....

Dang, wouldn't you think I would learn........?   And even after picking up the broken pieces, the next pump wouldn't let me enter my zip code with its keyboard either...  So no gas and a broken fuel door.....!

My Suzuki dealer in Kansas had the little hinge thingy on hand, but not out here in Arizona...  Called several places this morning waiting in line on the phone until they came back to me, just to be told,   NOPE don't stock that one....

Glad I wasn't driving around to these dealers....  But then when I tried to order the part with the online order program, they wouldn't let me ship the piece to anywhere other than my billing address....  What...?

Yep, has to go to the credit card address and no place else.....  That would be back to Kansas....  Dang rules.....  So I had to wait in line on the phone again to get the dealer here in Mesa to order the piece for me, and be shipped to his facility...  Takes over a week with Thanksgiving in the middle..  But at least he took the credit card over the phone...

After spending a lot of time on the phone, I decided to go back over to Target and get those pills....  Rode the bike over there as it was 84 outside by now...  Arrived at 1:35 only to find that the pharmacy was closed and shuttered completely...  No sign, no nothing...  I read the hours on the wall and yes it should be open........

I was reading everything in sight, until I happened on some really small print that said if only one pharmacist was on duty the pharmacy would be closed from 1:30 until 2:00 for lunch....

So now what?  I walked around a bit, but noticed they had a Pizza Hut lunch counter up in the front of the store...  Well hey...  I can go to lunch too...  So with a pepperoni pan pizza and a small drink I was busy chowing down...  Had the pop fountain right behind me to make that small pop go a bit farther as well........

About the time I was tossing the box and napkins, the watch said it was 2PM...  But the people didn't come back right at 2, so I had to sit out front and wait some more....

But the joy of this whole experience was that Target and the new part D drug coverage filled the entire 60 pill prescription...  The Doctor had written the script for 2 pills a day for ninety days...   The pills are $7 each $1,260...  Of course the old insurance company wouldn't fill it...  They said I only needed one pill a day and gave me 30 pills...  Of course they know more than the Doctor....

I went back at the end of the first month and they allowed another 30 pills...  But when Target transferred the script, they saw the 2  pills a day order so they filled it the way it was written, now sending it into medicare and AARP United Health Care Supplemental...  The bill was $410..  for 60.....  Copay $39.......

Wow!  I'm now used to only taking one pill a day so perhaps this will be a 2 month supply.....  But remember I am now $410 closer to that $2,930 doughnut hole limit... At that rate I'll be paying on my own by June...

As I left the parking lot, I started to turn North from Target to go to Lowes up on Ellsworth, but it was such a nice day in the mid 80s with wall to wall sun and very little wind that I went South...

I rode all the way out to the foot of the San Tan mountains...  Which is about half way to Tucson by the back way...  The road curves off to the East around the mountain, but I never turned back to the South...  I wandered thru the countryside down there mostly without a plan as to where I was...  Too nice to care....

Eventually I stopped and filled the gas tank at a Quick Trip and then headed back North...  Ended up on Ironwood Road and came back into the South end of Apache Junction....

Ironwood really rolls coming into town, so we were doing almost 70, which is way more than the speed limit..  But I had big trucks all around me, so I just kept up with the traffic...

Never did get back over to the Lowes to find out about the little drill bits or a tub of drywall patch...  But hey, that's what tomorrow will be for...!

Retired Rod

2 comments:

  1. Love it when the pills cost less than we think they are. We've hit our catastrophic limit this year so I've stocked up on all of Jim's prescriptions cause there is no co-pay. It was a gorgeous day yesterday. Glad you got to take a spin through the countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I was reading about your Scooter's fuel door, I was wondering if you ordered 2 of those 'thingies' instead of just one. I think Mr. Murphy is following you around in Arizona and he's just waiting for you to get the fuel door fixed so you can go and get more gas..... and, then....!!

    Every time I hear about this 'doughnut hole' re prescriptions, I get totally lost in the explanations.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...