Sunday, November 11, 2012

Saturday's Projects...

Today returned again as a rather cool day...  Not with the snow on the far away mountains as it only rained here the night before....  We didn't have much in the house for breakfast so before we could eat, I was off to Wal Mart...

It seemed like everyone in the entire valley must shop on Saturday morning at the Signal Butte Wal Mart because parking was jammed with cars stretching clear out to the edges of the lot...

I just went for eggs and bread, but came home with much more...  Its like that with Wal Mart....

After breakfast Loyce began working on the weed problem we have in the yard... Our new rocks are covered with a ground covering creeping weed that grows outward from each watering drip point.....  The stuff is nasty...

So I headed to Home Depot so get a cutter like tool to drag thru the rocks severing the connection of the weeds....  Then a big bottle of spray  and a sprayer to cover the ground as pre emergence killer....

But while there, I noticed that a small Weber gas grill was on clearance..  We never did purchase one last summer as they seemed priced quite high in the middle of the summer season....

So that big box found its way into the back of my SUV...  And there went the rest of my day... These grills just take forever to assemble...  Loyce did more weeds and I did some in the front yard too, but eventually it was putting bolts in hole A and nuts on studs C.....

I had brought a spare full LP tank with us in the trailer, knowing that we would be acquiring this grill, but it was several years old sitting at the KC house waiting its turn to be used...

But when I connected it to the grill, it leaked in the spin on connection... Some soapy water proved it was leaking rather badly...  I called Weber's hot line thinking I had a bad regulator hose....

Of course they have seen everything and explained that the tank more than likely had bad rubber seals in its top valve...  That rubber part did look old, once I had the tank tipped over on its side....

So I took a perfectly full new looking tank back over to that same very busy Wal Mart, and traded it for another new full tank....  I even told the fellow that the old tank was full but had a bad valve.  He said it wouldn't matter as they would just take it back along with all the other empty ones...

So for supper tonight we bar be cued a large chicken in the new grill...  I placed it on a small steel baking pan and set it in the center part of the grill between the burners and let it go for an hour and a half.... Umm, fresh Qued chicken!!

We again never even looked at the motorhome sitting out in front of the house today....  I will have to re do the ties on the Dome tomorrow...  But I said that yesterday....!  But it will need to go to a repair shop on Monday so maybe it will be more urgent....

Tonight is to be very cold again, almost freezing in the outlying areas, so not putting the coach in storage may help protect it, as it no longer is winterized....  Will I have to do that again?

Retired Rod

1 comment:

  1. Our Walmart on Apache Trail is busy but nothing like that one over on Signal Butte. We never go there. Glad you found that grill - can't survive without one of those down here. We've had a couple of nights below freezing for a couple of hours. We've even had a few snow flakes down here in the valley. It can get cold.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...