Saturday, November 10, 2012

Unloading the trailer......

We pulled the trailer back out here this time as we purchased a couple of items of furniture and brought more from home as well...  And the big job number one today was to empty the trailer...

It was backed up to the garage door last night, but the driveways here in suburbia, are so darned short that the car was still out in the street...  But since the motorhome was parked along the street as well the car didn't reach beyond the coach...  So I just left it that way..

Some of the boxes of furniture were quite heavy but Loyce and I managed to get the stuff unloaded with the two furniture dollies that we brought along for that task...  We grunted and groaned but no one was listening...

That took most of the day, except for the hour or so that I fell asleep in the recliner when I only intended to just sit a spell...  So then everything was pushed to late that should have been done earlier...

I took a big pile of cardboard to the recycle center but then learned that they didn't take styrofoam..   So now the trailer has a bunch of it inside without me having any idea what to do with it...

But as the day was getting dark, I parked the trailer over in the storage lot just to get it away from the driveway...  But the motorhome is still out in front....  Someone will complain for sure....

The weather that I was running from yesterday has come into the North part of Arizona and caused nasty winds all down the I 40 corridor...  One place had a gust of 122 mph....  That doesn't seem right, that's a hurricane force wind...  But I saw it on two different channels...

And the cold rain has arrived here tonight as it is only 60 degrees now and will be colder by morning...  I was watching the roof of the motorhome to see if we have any leakage from the King Dome problem, but didn't see anything...  I still need to revamp the tie down arrangement before I move it very far....

Storage is only about 5 miles away, but there are no tools and such once it gets there...  I never did call Camping World...  Not much chance of getting in on a Friday, I reasoned...

It's only 10:30 here, but it is 11:30 back home and we never got used to the time change so my body thinks its 12:30.... Yawn.........!

Snow down to 4,000 ft which should cap the tops of the Superstition Mountains to our East.....  They can be very pretty that way, but it always makes things here seem so cold....

I gotta go to bed......

Retired Rod

3 comments:


  1. would duct tape hold the dome down?

    Be careful on the road,
    Rex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't ventured outside to look at the Superstitions yet this morning. Tooo cold!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's the hurry? Put your feet up and relax for a day or so, Rod!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...