Saturday, June 29, 2013

Blogcation

I went on blogcation yesterday....  Didn't read too many and didin't write one last night....  Not sure why, but perhaps I was bummed out about another unproductive day...

But I can't say that, as I was up in time to go out and mow the yard before it got too hot...  And the sun was shining too, except that it didn't last...  The weather people had us getting even hotter than the day before as well, but that didn't happen either....

The car needed washed where I had the back bumper spot painted at the body shop last week, and I decided to get that done while it was under 90 degrees and still fairly cool....  So out came a bucket and hose...  By now the yard tractor and push mower were back in the garage....

And as I had pulled the car back into the garage to dry off the water so it wouldn't spot in the sun, things changed rather dramatically...   I clouded up and began to rain...  Not just sprinkle but really rain...  The weather folks said no chance for rain, just hot....  Wrong...!

Anyway I'm not sure what happened to the rest of the day, but I didn't read or write any blogs...  And the temps actually went down rather than up as it was only about 88 degrees...

Now today we had decided to drive back down to  Lake Ozark, as our only other option was to help our son Chris paint some of his house...  I helped him with the ladder that is stored in our garage this morning and sent him with well wishes....

So tonight we are in the lake cabin looking out of the sliding door at the crazies as they  boat up and down the lake...  Many people are making an entire week out of this Fourth of July thing...  Since the holiday is on Thursday, when is the actual three day official weekend...?

We have to be back to the city on Monday the first of July, so that won't happen for us this year...  But maybe we can get our business sorted and get back here before the official day...

It was 90 inside the house when we arrived, since we leave the AC set at that temp.. Many years ago we used to turn off the AC when we weren't here, but that melted the furniture and candles and stuff...  When we would arrive back, it would be about 110 inside and take all night to get cooled down...

Even at 90 it seems to take forever to get back to 75 inside...  I just sat here in the chair and daydreamed as the boats went by....  Its almost midnight and folks are still boating past the house....  Friday nights are like that here in the summer....

Retired Rod

4 comments:

  1. I like that - blogcation. I'm thinking I need one too! :-)

    Reading your gas price widget I noticed today that gas was $2.99 at Sam's Club! You should have seen the line of cars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been taking more days off lately from blogging and reading. It just gets to you after a few years of it, although there are some who are really faithful at both publishing their blog and reading dozens of others. This heat is doing me in - I never did like hot weather and would prefer to be in the cold. When it comes to heating a house in the winter, now that's a different story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully your part of the state is getting the same relief from this heat as we are, only
    suppose to be in the 70's this week here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sitting out by the lake late at night sure sounds nice to me - especially on those extra hot days. We sneaked up into the low 70s here yesterday but it is supposedly going to get gradually warmer for the next few days. We'll never get up as hot as you guys are there though, thankfully, as we don't have A/C!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...