Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Rain spoils the fun

I awakened to rain this morning and it was coming right down...  Looking at the radar screen told me it was going to be here for quite a while, so there went the luncheon ride.......

My riding friend told me on the phone that it was OK with him because he had other appointments.....  Well, so did I...  But I didn't want to go do them...

I still had that last tag renewal that needed an inspection...  And I now had the car to go get it inspected.  In the rain, but they have a garage that's inside.. Inspectors don't stand in the sun or the rain....

So after about an hour of standing in line and paying the $20 fee, I was on my way to the DMV..... Yuck...  This time I didn't have a computer to make an appointment, so I had to go and make it at the door and sit around waiting...

I was about 50 people back in line and they had 10 clerks on duty out of 18 windows...  I waited about 45 minutes and it took another 10 minutes at the window....

When I came out, it was still raining and much too late to just drive the car to the luncheon...  It was clear over in Missouri on the East side of KC...  Would have taken an hour to make it thru the traffic..  And that would have been on the interstate...  This town is really quite large... Not like Chicago or anything but still we have run on suburbs...

Later tonight I did get the bike out in time to go get some gas and that Wendy's burger.. I was experimenting with the helmet headset bluetooth phone arrangement...   I purchased a menagerie of wires and connectors that managed to get me plugged into the dash radio...

And I called my son Chris while I was riding along and he returned the call... So I got to hear it interrupt the radio and ring me.  Then once I answered, it muted the radio completely while we were on the phone...  All of this while I was riding along...

Did you know that the fellow on the motorcycle next to you in traffic might be talking away on his cell phone??  Of course this is hands free, since you really can't hold you phone and drive a bike...  But I'm sure there would be some that would try it....

It was still overcast and really windy tonight, so tomorrow might not be good either....  We still reached 91 today with a gazillion percent humidity....  Wonder what that made the heat index..???

Supposed to be 97 by Thursday.......

Retired Rod

2 comments:

  1. Have you seen the weather in Mesa? But they don't have the humidity like you do. Neither do we up here thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, that's hot. Next time I see a guy talking to himself while riding his motorcycle I'll know he's not crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...