Saturday, June 22, 2013

Mowing and the DMV..... yet again...

We're still here, but not much is happening since we posted last...  Oh, if you classify mowing the lawn as a happening, we seem to still do that periodically...

And such was the case yesterday in the early evening....  I had waited until the sun went off over the West at a low angle...  It was still hot and humid but the lack of direct sun made it much more bearable..

Today I was back up to the trusty DMV for renewals of our license tags.. As you might remember, last year was a fiasco...  It took several days just to wait in line... Eventually just turning in our paper work and getting a call to come pick up the finished tags several days later..

Well its the end of June and that is our deadline month....  My son Chris was over there earlier in the week and said he got right thru...  A good sign...

So with anticipation rather low, I made the appointment for a spot in line over the internet...  They use your phone number and send messages as texts..  I was 40 minutes back in line....  I didn't trust them.....

So I put my shoes on and left right away...  And in about 5 minutes a second text came that I was 15 minutes out...  Come in right away...   Right away turned out to be about 10 minutes more of driving time...

When I walked in, I was third in line and I almost didn't get seated before I was up to the window..  About ten minutes later I was leaving with new stickers in hand.....  Bang!  Just like that........

I was back home in about 50 minutes total....  Happily replacing those old stickers for new ones ...  I only did the car and the SUV...  The motorhome is still in storage, and the scooters are down to the lake....

So other than going for coffee with my Romeo friend at McDonalds late in the afternoon, Friday was over....

But we did try out our Blue Tooth headsets with our respective cell phones on the way home...  We kept right on gabbing even though we were miles from each other...  Well alright now, that will work...

And before someone suggests that we pair the headsets and talk, that was the original plan... But his set is of different manufacture than mine...  And I need mine to be my manufacturer because it works with the Honda...  They turn out to be proprietary on pairing.....  Something about protocol... Who knows...?

Retired Rod

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad I can pay for my stickers online and they mail them to me. I don't like lines, but DMV lines seem to be the worst. I'm glad this year was easier for you, so maybe your DMV has the kinks worked out of the system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post reminded me to ask Jim when we need to get the truck done again. In MT our RV has a permanent tag on it and so do the boats so we don't have to worry about them. Just the truck. I think August will be the date for us. No mowing at our rig. Thank goodness. May have to do some this summer at our "spot".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting your tags was way too easy this year, Rod. When I saw your blog title, I was looking forward to another tale of woe and incompetence!

    I guess now that you can talk to friends on your bikes using this headset, what's next? Texting?

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...