Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Computers!!

No excitement today as we only drove back to the KC home...   A bunch of housework at the lake was worked on before we left...

Once back here, I worked on my Linux computer, setting up Chrome as a browser..  They use a special version named Chromium... It looks just the same, but seems to run with Linux more proficiently..

Oh, somehow while carrying the Samsung Galaxy sIII phone in my pocket, I pants dialed Airplane Mode..  Of course that shuts things down.... completely!!!   No service..  But for some reason I couldn't get it out of airplane mode.....

I called customer service on that one with the house phone..  They had me trying all the same buttons that I tried before I called........ still locked...

So we shut the phone down completely, and took out the battery...  Restarting that time made verything normal again.....   Computers!!!!

Retired Rod

6 comments:

  1. Chrome is running on my Ubuntu machine perfectly! You gotta love Linux at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And let's add printers to that "computers!!!" comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to a place yesterday that you would enjoy. A super computing place. Hopefully I'll get the post done in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, I hear you. I have an ancient Dell Inspiron 700m laptop that I tried to upgrade the RAM. When I installed the memory, I got a "beep, beep, beep" and a blank screen. I put the old memory back in and it worked. I guess I'll have to do some research as to why...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a good thing you could even get to the battery, Rod. It's funny how sometimes nothing seems to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya Rick, if had been an Apple, taking the battery out wouldn't be and option..... But then if it was an Apple, maybe it wouldn't have gotten stuck in Airplane mode in the first place.... At least that's what the purest tell me........

      Delete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...