Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Nope not gonna happen........!

As things often go, it rained quite extensively today and trashed all three of our wash jobs on the cars....   We knew this was going to be the case, but it doesn't help, as you look at the muddy spots all over them....

Today was supposed to be my MRI, and it would have been too, except that the machine down here in the suburbs is not as big as the one in the main Hospital, as I am told....  And as those of you that have met me, already know, I am a big guy......  Too big to fit into the small machine.....  They tried to cram me in anyway, and when my nose was dragging on the roof  and both shoulders were wider than the sides..............  I had to yell stop....  or rather push the button they give you......

OK!  I give!!!  No way......!!

So the whole deal came to an abrupt stop about half way thru the procedure....  Had to call the doctor to see what to do next, and he was out of town........

And as I was making my way back out to the car, that's when the rain came pouring down..........

But thinking about more pleasant experiences, Monday afternoon I had to take advantage of the really nice afternoon by riding the Motorcycle out into the country....  I went West out of Olathe on  a country road that winds out past the old Army Ammunition Storage Depot  between here and Lawrence, Kansas....  Lawrence is where Kansas University is located about 25 miles to our West....

Curious to know more....Sunflower Army Ammunition Plant

I'm not sure if there is still ammo in those old bunker buildings, but you can't get into the facility on the roads, and can only see the buildings at a distance from the country road on its South....  I would bet the Government isn't telling about it much either.....   Its all fenced with red warning signs on the fence claiming Danger.....  Think cameras in the bushes!!

Once over in the Lawrence area, I rode out to the Core of Engineers impoundment  Clinton Lake...  And rode thru the CG....  It looked like it hadn't been mowed in several weeks, but then we are sequestered....  We did have several folks camped and two camp host trailers, so it would be nice to put in a weekend out there...

I rode around the lake coming back into the Northwest side of Lawrence....  I stopped at a Wendy's to take a bathroom break and get that small cheese burger.....  With the biggest pop they had....   Motorcycle riding dehydrates you terribly...

Riding back home was on the main four lane highway K 10 which is an artery at 70 mph...  By then it was 6 PM and I needed to be home....

Of course the Romeos went right on with their ride today even though it was raining like crazy.....  The pictures of the Mexican place included a Taco Bar with all the fixins....    I could have driven the car up there, but was in no mood after being stuffed into that sausage machine...........  LOL

Retired Rod

5 comments:

  1. Well, that's frustrating not to get that MRI done and over with. But a ride and a cheeseburger do help to make up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I didn't know MRI machines come in different sizes.

    Hope the Pop was a diet one you know how much sugar is in Pop? Just looking out for your diabetes lol

    The rains have finally stopped here at DPN after two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the MRI they use for me is the same one they use for our horses. Still a tight fit though, but with a little bacon fat we make it in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an aggravation to get half way through a procedure and then have to stop.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...