Thursday, June 20, 2013

Passing on the Picnic and swimming........

The day was sunny right from the beginning this morning and quite pleasant in the morning....  The Romeo's had big plans.......

They were meeting at the McDonalds in Gardener to head down to Emporia for their summer picnic....  That's about 96 miles each way....  To grab a Subway sandwich and eat in the local park on a picnic table...

Now don't get me wrong, I like a picnic as well as anyone...  But after 2 hours of riding on the interstate at 70 mph I would have been hot and tired...  Then with no restaurant to get out of the heat, which turned out to be over 90 today, I would be facing a two hour ride back up the same interstate....

If it would have been a leisurely country ride at 60 then maybe....  But 75 for 4 hours......  Nah....  I decided last night that I wasn't going...  My friend Al never even brought it up yesterday, so I knew he didn't have it on his mind either...

Loyce went and gathered the grand kids and went to our subdivision pool for most of the afternoon, and biscuit and I hung around waiting for the UPS man...

He brought me a blue tooth headset that goes into my helmet so I can answer the phone or listen to music...   If I get another blue tooth transmitter, I can hook that up to the bike and listen to its radio and intercom as well...  But that piece is more $ yet, so I am cooling it....  Remember that tax man had to be made happy this month...

Late in the day, I had to go for a Wendy's and ride around with the new music in my ears...  Just to check it out..   you know how it is...

Anyway that was our pressing schedule here today.....

Retired Rod

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you - a hot ride on a boring interstate isn't appealing at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When will you guys be back in Mesa?? I told Jim if there are some things he just can't get figured out that we'd make you come over and help him with these stupid computers. I keep trying to ignore all the IRS stuff - so glad I'm retired. Just the word tax does me in anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as we can keep buying toys we'll stay young, Rod - it's true!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...