Sunday, June 30, 2013

Whirlwind

This weekend is mostly a cleaning expedition here at the lake...  I was working on the motor scooters that we keep here for most of the day, while Loyce was cleaning the house...  Not very exciting stuff...

I had jumped on the larger scooter and buzzed into the T Shirt town over by the dam looking for fast food to bring home, when the clouds began to gather in earnest...  This was a McDonalds run as it is a bunch farther to Wendy's....

But when I came out with the burgers, I noticed big splats of rain on my windshield.... Oh oh....  So I zipped back home which is about 4 miles by road...    I wasn't home long, and the sky openend up and drenched everything for about a half an hour....

Of course that was when Biscuit started to whine loudly that she had to go out potty...  She was put out on her rope for that session....!!

We cleaaned up the humming bird feeder mid morning, and almost immediately we had birds...  I wonder how they know to find the fresh necter...  Usually we buy the packets of powder which have the red color to the sugar, but more importantly they seem to have smell somehow added as well, as it is very decidedly orange flavored...

We have to go back to KC tomorrow, so this was a whirlwind trip...

Retired Rod

1 comment:

  1. Birds seem to have a sixth sense when it comes to discovering fresh bird seed. They appear out of nowhere.

    Hope you got home o.k. without any nasty weather.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...