Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Dreary weather day outside....

Another of those drippy dreary days here today....  It was overcast and dark from first light.  I kept looking at the radar map and the storm was just west of us..

I thought for sure it was going to cover us and rain hard again, but it never did...  Still I did not chance it and push the cycle out of the garage...  And then late in the afternoon it did rain fairly heavily, but by then the sun was out over in the West...

I went to wall mart for the fixins for loose hamburger sandwich...  Not sloppy joe, but more like made rite if you have ever heard of those...   Some folks use chicken broth but I use beef...  You add your own seasonings and cook the broth down until its almost gone making an Au Jus..

I like to wet the bun in this after 10 sec in the microwave....  Don't soak it, just lightly dip the surface that is against the meat...  Then a piece of cheese with some mustard...  No ketchup!!  For the purest anyway...

Again I was messing with the memory sticks and music tonight, making one for Loyce that will play on her car stereo like a CD....  I put 14 CDs on a really small one, but now days that was 8 gig and cost $5.69...

Retired Rod

7 comments:

  1. How does the memory stick work with the car's CD player? I need something like that but can't visualize it. I'm thinking of computer memory sticks, or flash drives, that go into a USB port.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right Gypsy, a USB flash drive.. Newer cars will play songs stored on them.. Look in your owners manual to see if you have a port to plug one in... Or go ask Toyota if that's part of your radio and CD player...

      Delete
  2. I'd have to leave off the cheese and use ketchup. Guess I'm not a purist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next thing you know, you will have a cooking show! Diners, Dives and Ride-in's

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see you on a cooking show, Rod. After all, you are a hamburger expert.

    Our Honda has a USB port, I should try that music thing out. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually they want MP3 files.... So you need to convert CD files...

      Delete
  5. We got about ten seconds of rain here in Las Cruces. It's so dry! :-(

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...