Saturday, June 8, 2013

Romeos in the AM and a fixed Computer in the afternoon

I'm about to fall asleep, so a quick post will sum up the day......  It started as I pulled away from the house headed for Orick, Missouri   and a fish fry....   Every now and then the Romeos like to go eat Walleye fish at the cafe in Orick called Fublers...

It took about an hour to get there on mostly the perimeter interstates....  And I was early and the first one there...  So I had brunch of biscuits and gravy with fried catfish fillets on the side......  Kind of like chicken and biscuits, only fish and biscuits....

Most had walleye and macaroni and cheese.......  Lots of take home cartons were carried away....

Once back in KC, I went to the computer parts store and returned the parts I purchased last night..  And they tested the  supposedly new hard drive and concurred that it was toasted...

And of course they suggested that I send it in to Toshiba....   But for only $52.95 they had new ones....  And they asked that I test this new one, to make sure it wasn't bad, right away..  Hey,, maybe we broke the 5 month old one somehow... How do they know?

Once back home, I reassembled the computer again and loaded the software...  It went on without a hitch.... Just typed in the time zone I was in and that I wanted USA English..  Had to supply a name and a password, and then just watch as it loaded everything..

About then, Loyce came home and wanted to leave for the Lake....  That was the plan all along.....  So the new old computer was returned to its place next to my easy chair...  I did download Chrome, and signon with my email account, and watched in amazement as my stored favorites and tabs synced with daddy google..  Just like that , configured!

The ride down here was uneventful, and there aren't many crops up due to the cool weather as well.... Usually our corn here would be a foot tall....  Hope its not a bad year for the farmers, as they lost everything in a drought last year....

So tonight I am posting this with an Asus Transformer Tablet, while the new hard drive and operating system are idling at home on their run in hours.....  I usually let that machine run all the time anyway, just shutting off the monitor..  So now with a new hard drive, it will be at least another three years before it is shut off again....

I did bring the laptop, but it is Win 8 where this tablet is Android, yet another version of Linux, but they really don't want you to know it....

Retired Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...