Saturday, June 15, 2013

Working on the music files..

I've been busy tonight making music files out of my old CD's that I found under the seat in the truck....  Seems that newer cars all want USB memory sticks now.......  But also they seem to like MP3 files....  Not the wav files on the CDs...

I know that almost all songs are now downloaded and no one buys CDs any more.....  But us old folk have 33 rpm records too.....  But that is the beauty of the Linux system... Almost any program is available for free from the software repository...   And so was the converter from wav to mp3....

It doesn't ask any dumb questions about the files its converting, like do you own this disk...  either....    So things were changed to mp3 s and written to USB sticks....  Well some of them anyway as I got to listening to the songs........

I spent most of the morning working on Income Taxes again as it is estimated payment day on Saturday....  It gets rather old working on that stuff all the time...  And I used to do it for a living....  Maybe that's why I get tired of it so fast...

In the afternoon, I went out shopping for a lamp shade..  Yep it was that slow of a day.....

Tomorrow is another cycle ride, but it may rain...  30%....  But if you are where the rain is falling, it always seems like 100% to me......  Go figure....

Retired Rod

4 comments:

  1. I still by CD's - then I transfer them to my iPod! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

  2. Rod,
    Love the relaxing way you write about your day to day ..... Seems like such a variety of things that a retirement narrative should include ..... But best of all, there is fun and humor involved !!!!!! Thanks for sharing ......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dread doing my income taxes anymore and mine are so simple. Hope you get your ride in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also buy CD*s and transfer to the ipod. But I still like to slide them into the CD player and play over and over again. What do you suppose that says about our age group? Becki

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...