Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A story...

I went to Wal Mart this afternoon, out in the South part of the area at San Tan Village Mall..  It was just a different area of the city to go see....  Nothing too important, but I got the idea that I would purchase a George Foreman grill..

So after picking out the groceries, I went over into the aisle where the household appliances were kept..  And picked out the small little two burger unit...   About $20 worth...

Biscuit and I went thru the gas pumps outside of Sam's club and came on home...  That saved about a dime a gallon over our prices out here in the far end of the valley....

But as I was putting the supplies away, I got a weird kind of a feeling that I was doing something wrong...  Maybe my wife was telling me something from the land beyond....  About that grill...  So I started to dig thru the bottom cupboards.....

Ya, you guessed it.. I found the exact same grill, brand new in the box....  Just a small story, but I thought it was interesting how I had no idea about this, but yet somehow I knew......

Retired Rod

9 comments:

  1. The best part is that you LISTEN. I think you did good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there is still a connection. How could there not be after all those years :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a story with a happy ending! Loyce was talking to you one way or another. And, next trip to Walmart, you can get your $20 back. Can't beat that. I'm sure you are going to be using that grill often; it's a handy thing to have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. Yes. I do like the thought that Loyce is right there talking to you. And, I have that same little grill in the MoHo. I love it and you will enjoy it I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful story! You could either take it back, or maybe give it to someone for a Christmas Present.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's still taking care of you. Glad you listened to your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loyce is still looking after you. Looks like another trip to Walmart to stand in the returns line is in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a feeling that you may be finding all kinds of things in your cupboards that you never knew you had, Rod. Just the same, I'm sure Loyce will help you to find those too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this story Rod! Have shared it with many friends-who have asked about you! Thanks for sharing it with all of us!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...