Sunday, November 10, 2013

Burgers and Goldwing Road Riders...

I've been sitting here trying to remember what I have done in the last two days.... And the short answer is not too much....  Didn't start the Jeep at all on Friday, but rather relied upon the motor cycle to take me out for supper on Friday night...

One of the favorite spots to go out for supper for Loyce and I was Fuddruckers over at the Superstition Springs Mall...  I've been sort of avoiding going over there because of all the memories it would bring up, but gave in when I rode the cycle past last night...

And while they have raised all of the pricing structure, the food was as good as I remembered...  The burger and sweet potato fries with all the trimmings filled me up to medium bloat... And I sat in front of one of the many TVs along the wall, to keep my mind busy and not over think the experience...  A couple at another table were interested in the fact that I was riding a Goldwing and related that they had ridden one for several years...

And then this morning early, I went back over to the area to meet with the Goldwing Road Riders Association chapter from Mesa..  They meet at the Old Country Buffet which is about a block away from Fudd's.  There were about 40 folks there this morning at 7:30...

We waited outside until they opened the restaurant, so the food in the steam tables was completely fresh..  They have a program during the meal, and it included several raffle ticket drawings..  Buying these tickets is how they support the cost of the activities...

That seemed to work out fairly well for me as I won the Holiday door prize....  A 12 pound frozen turkey...  It was rock solid... And then I managed to win a lesser prize from the purchased tickets...  A sewing kit in a decorator tin box...  Just what I needed, some more sewing stuff...

Later this afternoon, some of the Flag presentation team did a colors presentation with their motorcycles at the Mesa Swap Meet..  And since that is only a couple of miles North of me here, I went up to watch and see what that is all about...

It was an interesting tribute to prior service members, with each branch of the Armed Forces Flags mounted on the back of their Goldwings... I didn't think to take a camera...  It was in the mid 80s and the desert sun was bearing down, so I rode back home without spending any time at the swap meet...  I've been all thru those booths time and again...

I have enough of that stuff around here now.....

So that catches me back up to the present...

Retired Rod

8 comments:

  1. Yeah, those places are really hard to go back to. Probably good you went though.

    Take Care,
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on winning a turkey. Are you planning some rides now with the Goldwings? Someday all those memories will be good ones but for now you are facing them and that is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always nice to have a turkey on hand, the sewing kit, not so much! Glad you enjoyed the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever gone to Organ Stop Pizza? There is live entertainment to keep you occupied.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Phil that will be another one of those places that will bring back lots of memories..

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear you're still keeping busy and enjoying those 'burgers! A 12lb Turkey - now, whatcha going to do with that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy Rod & Biscuit, ;-)
    Take the turkey down to the Brown's DPS and let JB smoke it for you, then PACKAGE IT into dinner-sized sealable packages and FREEZE IT... You can wrap it up in a BURGER BUN and already have a dinner ready !!! Be sure to give Biscuit a(1) bite...
    Most of the GW ROAD-RIDER groups in the POISONPLEX(D/FW) area WON'T let anyone without a 'NEW' GW ride with them, always made me mad, because my '78 GW LOOKED just as good as their 'NEW' ones... I went with a ROAD-RIDER'S CLUB and a lot of the GW riders had been in a GW RR group, but left because of the 'snootiness' !!!! They were a GREAT GROUP, judges, police chiefs, college professors & students, engineers, business owners, etc... Joyce went with me to a 'motorcycle-gang' meeting and was blown away; even met one of her grade-school gal-friends, who was married to the president of the 'gang'.... GREAT GROUP !!!!
    WE HAVE BEEN TO FUDDRUCKER'S 2 times and both times TOO LATE, they were closed...

    Please, keep on getting out and meeting folks on your own and you'll begin having HAPPY DAYS !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can well imagine how each of these steps are difficult ones. I've never been to a Fuddruckers - but Golden Corral, that is a completely different story. I really can not be trusted at buffets.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...