Sunday, November 17, 2013

Weekend activities

Kansas City is unbeaten no more.....  It seems like I was waiting all day for this game to get under way....  And I'm not so sure what I was excited about, because I knew in my heart there was no way that Peyton Manning was going to let a game at home get away from him..

It was a really nice day here with the temperature reaching 75 in the middle of the afternoon..  Wall to wall sunshine as well...  Biscuit and I were out in the back yard and since it was so nice decided to go get some dog food..

That is over in Pet Club by the Superstition Springs Mall... Biscuit knows she can go into the store there and gets so excited... She fairly jumped out of the car by herself, but her leash was around the gear shift...

And they were out of the 15# bag of her taste of the wild bison mix....  Drat.. I had given up selecting the 5# sack which costs half as much for 1/3 as much product, when an assistant came from the back room with the bigger bag...  She also got one of her expensive bully sticks to chew on...  Loyce routinely spoiled her with those...

She was carrying it all over the house when we got home..

Tonight I was going thru the cards from the funeral, which is the first time I have been able to even look at the bag sent with me from Des Moines...  The words from everyone are very kind, but still remind me of how alone it is around here...  Tough on me....

Retired Rod

7 comments:

  1. So right about the game, Rod ........ The season marches on ...... I am sure it takes a lot of faith and courage to read the cards and messages from those who care and send their best to you.....not sure how long it would take to open the package if I was faced with your situation .....Admire you for your day to day and dealing with such reality..... It is so tough, Rod, you are way ahead of the sorrow just heading out West and stepping into the new Jeep ...... Thoughts and the best with each step forward...... SallyB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rod, I for one, am very proud of the way you are coping. The road you've been going down is not an easy one, but you have continued to put one foot in front of the other. You have shown great strength in the face of adversity, setting an example for the rest of us to follow. Visiting friends, getting a new jeep, taking good care of your best pal; this is surely the path Loyce would want you to follow. And keeping up your blog lets us all support you as much as possible. I sure like to know what you're doing! Just hang in there; things will surely get better over time..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I probably would have picked the Chiefs to win, but I stayed away from that match-up because it seemed like it was too close to call. Only went two for five this week.
    Losing my NFL mojo methinks.
    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I agree with the comments above. My heart aches for you and we are all missing Loyce very much. You hang in there and keep doing what you are doing. We are all here to support you. When I get back from DPN we are going to have you over for lunch. I want to give you and Biscuit a big ole hug. Well our Calgary Flames lost at hockey and the Calgary Stampeders lost at Football so that is just embarrassing for me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always worse for the one(s) left behind. It is said that it gets better with time, I hope that's true. You're putting one foot in front of the other and that's about all you can do right now. Glad you have Biscuit for company. Hope she's doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second what RunNRose and Sandra said--one step at a time. It has to be so incredibly lonely and our hearts go out to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm don't have any particular words of wisdom, Rod, except to say I think of you and how you're doing. No doubt with Thanksgiving and Christmas on the horizon that this will be a tough stretch for you but I hope the comfort of family and friend will help you through the holidays.

    As for Kansas City Chiefs it was bound to happen sooner or later and better to lose in Denver as it's not that big of a surprise or upset. Now the Chiefs can just get back to playing their game instead of all the 'undefeated team' stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...