Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Back in the Groove

I'm not so sure where today went, but it was gone quickly.  Not that much productive happened, but it seemed important anyway.

Some of it was working on the computer, and another part was washing cars.  Just the ordinary mundane get back in the groove sort of stuff.  As always, the computer can captivate and seem to waste a lot of your day.  But I am totally caught up on missed blogs and activities from the weekend now.

The washing cars thing can take quite a while here, but today I cheated.  I started by driving them over to the local drive thru wash.  It costs $8 and does a fairly nice job.  Of course it blow dry job leaves a lot to be desired, so I bring them back here and start in with the chamois. 

I managed to get both cars and the pickup thru the wash, and finished back here at home. 

I called it quits with that project, and came inside just to find that Loyce had our older HP laptop out and was starting it for the first time in about 3 months.  It is an XP machine, and had  a ton of updating to do.  I coached as everything started to update at once. 

I cancelled several of the updates until the previous one could finish.  Removing the beta version of Firefox called Minefield, and updating Firefox to its latest stable version.  But I got bored with all that, and finally just turned the machine loose to do as it would.

It was becoming dusk outside, and the motorscooter was calling for an evening ride.  I went about 15 miles out into the country South of here.  It had cooled from our high of 92 back into the mid 80s so the ride was pleasant.

So all and all the day was fun, with some work to go along! 

Retired Rod

3 comments:

  1. Sounds to me like you had a busy day, what with all the car washing & drying and the computer work, I sometime find waiting for updates and stuff to get tedious and would rather be doing something else, But you have to watch as they have the habit of popping boxes up that have to be read and checked and then entered. Glad your getting back into your routine, Just heard they are starting a Dinner Train in Columbia MO, in Sept , let us know if you & Loyce would be interested in going there, to Cottonwoods Campground, and taking the train this fall before it's to cold. Be safe out there, Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading your blog this morning, I'm just going to have to get away from this computer for a few hours and get some work done around here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you got a lot done on your groove day. We need to do some of that truck washing ourselves.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...