Saturday, July 14, 2012

On the scooter...........for Paint?

It was significantly cooler today as we topped out at 97 degrees, but it was about to rain at any minute almost all day long....

So what to do on a cool day?  Why scooter riding is always in order on these cooler days.   So I was on that scooter and rode back over to the Valle Del Oro RV park, but not into the park but rather by it as Lowe's is across the street....

We have been studying paint swatches from both Lowe's and Home Depot during the last week and we finally picked out a color in Valspar, which is handled by Lowe's.....  I have had good luck with the Valspar brand in the past, and they have good quality paint the is $27 a gallon in egg shell finish.

The salesman made me a gallon in the color we selected and I had a bunch of other things too, like drop cloths and a brush and a cup....  This all fit under my seat on the scooter...  And I was surprised about the gallon standing up under there...  I was sure I would have to lay it down and worried about the lid coming off............

So that fairly well took care of me for the rest of the afternoon..........Just trimming the room that we call the den..  Its right inside the door off of the garage once you get by the washers...  I guess Loyce isn't too worried about what happens in here because it isn't the living room or anything like that...

Perhaps tomorrow I will get enough of the trimming done to actually get out the roller and fill in the color all the way across the wall.....

I know that this isn't the most exciting stuff, but sometimes that's how days are.........

Retired Rod

3 comments:

  1. Progress is a good thing.And a "cooler" day (I guess) is always nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is very exciting!!!! I love following along !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Painting is never exciting unless someone else is doing it - then I could watch all day! Glad to see the temps have dropped a bit - still way too hot though.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...