Monday, July 9, 2012

Taking it easier with the work.........

At Rick's suggestion, I decided that all this work around here was becoming a bit much, so early in the morning, I decided to take Salt the motor scooter out for a little ride..  As I left the house it was only 96 outside, almost cool for the desert in July...

I went over to McDonalds for a biscuit and sausage...  Remember we still have no fridge and only very limited groceries...  Then it was on to Home Depot for my first run of the day in things to continue the move in.....  Bolts and nuts for specific projects and a vise for the new bench...  And peg board pegs to use in hanging all those tools..

After I wrote last night's blog, I went back out and finished the long brace on the back of the bench, declaring it finished...  It is now in its place along the back wall of the garage...

But while I was in Home Depot, the sun did its desertly thing and heated the air up over 100...  As I was packing the stuff I bought under the seat, it seemed like a blast furnace, so I rode directly home...  Enough, as it was 104 on the dash thermometer of the bike..  I can't help wondering how these folks can ride around down here, with nothing but a dew rag on in the desert sun....  They are a lot tougher than I am....

But in the mid afternoon, I cracked and went back over to HD again, purchasing the remaining cabinet pulls for the rest of the bathrooms....  That kept me busy for a couple of hours...  And we did have some drawers that didn't line up with the pre drilled holes in the template......  So I drilled the correct holes for my application in the template..

I only had to measure it once on the template and from there on, the template marked the holes on the drawers exactly every time......  In total I mounted 42 pulls in the entire house....  I'm a tad tired of drilling doors and drawers....  But still I have the $600 that they wanted for the job...  The actual pulls cost around $75.

Oh, in the big news for today, the furniture store actually brought out some chairs for the kitchen table....  We can eat a meal sitting down now.......!!

And in even bigger news, the delivery company called late in the afternoon and will deliver the fridge and washer dryer between 9AM and 1PM tomorrow...  Fingers crossed that it all works when it gets here..........

Retired Rod

Let's answer Phil's question about the times things were written and posted...  I write the blogs late into the day the night before they are posted...  So if I write at 10PM its the night before you read it.  When I post it, its always for the next day, usually with a delayed posting at one second after midnight but it has tomorrow's date on it and time.  That way when Bob looks at it at 8AM over in Europe, its only about 1 AM here.

But the blog time zone is registered as Central time, so that causes some trouble, sometimes posting the blogs early, because it is midnight in Kansas....  But what you are reading was usually written the night before you see it....

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you for getting your fridge today. We ordered ours a month ago and it was supposed to be delivered the first week in July. JB called and it is still on back order for 3 weeks. I hate it when a store sells you stuff but they don't actually have it.

    Take Care and stay cool
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone listened to a suggestion I made? Who knew?

    Good luck with your appliance deliveries and installs today.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...