Friday, July 6, 2012

Putting Stuff Together!

I was awakened this morning by Biscuit as she had crawled under the bed to my side and was licking my mouth and nose.  Nothing like a big slurpy dog kiss at 5:30 AM.  Her internal clock is still back in Kansas along with the rest of us....

About three times last night in the post I mentioned that we didn't have any blinds.  And that East sun coming into the bedroom without blinds is what is awakening Biscuit..  So after some breakfast and some clean clothes, it was off to Home Depot again!

This place is beginning to have all our money.... and today was no exception as I needed another of those fans that I pictured yesterday...  and some blinds..

I was armed with my list where I went around and measured all the windows.... and found the blind lady that is specialized in cutting these buggers on her big specialized saw grinder thingy...  She kept asking me what the next one was on my list, and what color it should be...

When we got done, I had nine faux wood blinds in my basket.  So when I got back home I had nine blinds and a fan...  I set to work on the fan, since I had done one yesterday and they were just alike.  Still a million little screws and rubber grommets on the blades and wiring and all over my head....

I don't know where the time goes, but this took a couple of hours again...  Then I worked on the blinds in the den and Loyce's sewing room... They were just ordinary 2 inch white blinds, but I had to mount the brackets on the ends and find wood studs for the screws.. More screws but I have a drill gun so it twists things for me..  Until the Philips heads strip out anyway..

Eventually our realtor lady stopped by to make sure everything was together like needed with the sale and all its papers..   She was gone over the holiday, so we had to finish the paper work without her guiding the way..  I think she was concerned that we would need her, and followed up to see what else might be required...

But after she left, I started on the blinds in the living room.  They are 2 1/2 inch premium faux wood, but still made from plastic....  They are dark colored like the cabinets and matched fairly well.  The brackets were much larger as the blinds are heavier, and they went in slower too.

So all I have to show for today is one fan on the ceiling and five blinds in windows.... Oh, and late tonight, Loyce sprung a box of table lamps on me to put together...  There were three of them in a single package...  I almost refused.... I'm tired of putting stuff together.... but, I still have two more larger fans and four more window blinds...........

It was back to weather as usual here in the desert today, as the temps zoomed back up over 100 degrees..  I didn't have time to watch it today though as I had too much stuff to put together...

Retired Rod

4 comments:

  1. I managed to put a bowl of cereal together this morning & that was about it for me.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad we aren't there. Jim is good with screws and bolts and what have you. But I personally think you're making great progress. Only??? - a ceiling fan and five blinds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first thing I do when I open a new package of screws for anything is check to see if they have a Philips head. If so, I toss them out and replace them with Robertson head screws as I got tired of Philips heads stripping out like you said.

    I don't envy you, Rod, putting up blinds and overhead fans is not exactly my favourite job.

    Keep up the good work but stop to rest once in a while too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Rick, blame those Phillips on old Henry Ford and then change them out for Robertson's.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...