Friday, February 6, 2009

New Glasses

The accident is taking its toll on me with extreme pain in my left side.  It is most likely a broken rib, which can not be treated since you have to breath.  So it is a grin and bear it kind of deal.

So with elastic chest brace and a walking stick from our trip to Colorado this summer, I went to an eye appointment.  My glasses were smashed against my face as we rolled.  The roof of the car, as it caved in must have done this. 

Now sit down here in front of this machine.  And now this one, and so it went as I slowly lowered myself into position trying not to flex that magic rib in my back.

So the new glasses are on order, and will take 10 days to be made.  In the mean time the gal bent and glued things together on the old pair so I can continue to see.

I have not heard anything more from the insurance adjusters today, so I hung tight around the RV after the dilation of my eyes.  Loyce took the truck and headed out to the stores during the afternoon, while riding in the truck for me is on an as absolutely necessary basis.  Yeow!

I’m sorry that doesn’t make for exciting adventures for the blog reporting, but it is what it is.

Retired Rod

1 comment:

  1. Being an auto insurance adjuster for 26 years, I can empathize with what you're going through. Try to keep moving though. You don't want to stiffen up completely!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...