Monday, December 12, 2011

Back to KC

We didn't get off until 11 AM mountain time on Saturday, and drove straight thru to Albuquerque.  We grabbed a pet friendly motel and spent the night listening to the folks upstairs and next door.

This always freaks Biscuit out and she will bark or not sleep or whine or all of the above.  So we may as well have just kept on driving.  Finally at about midnight, all was quiet and in about 5 hours the neighbors began to get up.  So that meant that Biscuit was up too.

We were on the road at 7:30 mountain, but we set our clocks ahead for Central time since we would be in Texas in the next couple of hours.

It was a long day of driving and Kansas is way too far across when you enter the Southwest corner at Liberal and drive to the Northeast corner at KC.  We did do a cursory wave at Jessie and Ginger as we passed their park North of Liberal.  There's not a tree in the entire place so seeing their rig was no problem.

Its taken us over an hour to unload the stuff out of the CRV.  Man was it packed!  Two days and 1100 miles, door to door.........

Retired Rod


  1. So glad to hear you are safe after a long trip. Our girls don't do well in motels either. They let everybody know they are there.

  2. Lady used to go on alert whenever someone passed by our motel door, but rarely barked. Now she doesn't even pay any attention, and won't bark even if someone goes by with a dog. I sure can't claim to have trained her that way, but I'm relieved she is laid back.

  3. Well my 980 miles in one day record still stands, but I would never do it again. Hope you get all fixed up as quick as possible.Were anxiously awaiting good news for a change.. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

  4. Instead of signing that post Retired Rod, you should have signed it Tired Rod! That's a lot of driving--we will be thinking of you over the next few days as you "doctor" some more.

  5. So Glad you are home safe. Now get yourself all fixed up and rested. We have to go to the Flea Marked when you get back. Give Loyce a big hug from me please.

    Take Care

  6. That's a lot of driving in 2 days. Glad you made it home safe and sound - now, time to rest up for a bit.

    Sure don't like the sound of motels anymore!


Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...