Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mardi Gras at Valle Del Oro

The Big Parade!!!


Some of the crowd across the street.  And this lady in the center gave me a bunch of trouble for taking her picture. So I said heck yes I'll take your picture, but I don't think she understood how much zoom my little camera actually had.  LOL


All you need is a couple of flags on the back and your ready, especially if you have a big cow boy hat!!


These folks were throwing beaded necklaces to the crowd!



Tossing more necklaces..  Cool car!



I had no idea!




The Red Hatters are always there!!


 Mr Ford had no idea his little car would be so popular so many years later......


 Oh my!!!  Why!



Mr Ford again.......



Were these men really enjoying themselves?



The quilt ladies have been hard at it this year!!



Hawaii?   Well not exactly.....


Of course what is missing here is a picture of me on the motor scooter with my fold up lawn chair bungee corded across the seat behind me headed to the parade route.  I waited until the red shirted ranger parked one of the Cal Am golf carts across the intersection to block the route.

Then I pulled along side with the bike and sat the chair down in front.  Before long we had an entire contingent of chairs and golf carts filling in the entire street.     

Silliness in the Desert!!

Retired Rod


5 comments:

  1. That's what I like to see a man willing to stake his claim first. bet you had the best seats in the house. Be safe out there. Hope all is well. Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite the parade - glad you got yourself a front row seat. Sorry to hear you have to pack up and leave for a new RV Park - what a hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you did have the best seat in the house....great parade :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking parade and a good turnout. The quilt ladies certainly were busy this year. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. butterbean carpenterFebruary 22, 2012 at 5:32 PM

    Howdy Rod,
    Is this the place you 'moved' to??
    It looks really nice; better than I expected... Too bad you weren't in the parade with your Australian hat
    on!!!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...