Friday, September 18, 2009

More tire stuff

I have promised myself that I am not going to ramble on tonight in a lengthy post about almost nothing.  Let's see how I do.

Today was another ride the scooter all over the place day.  Had to go buy another gallon of gas!  I did go buy another air hose to lengthen the hose in the rig, and went over to air up the front tires.  And it all worked.

I still can't get my big fingers in the little hole in the outside dual wheel to get the cap off the valve stem on the inside dual.  So they remain without service.

I took off over into Missouri, to the town of Grandview in search of some valve extenders, finding that nothing at any of the parts houses fit my application.  One fellow had some little hoses that screwed onto the rear stem and clamped to the outside of the front dual, but he wanted $50 for those, so I declined as they cost too much.

Once home, I tried to research a solution online, and fell off to sleep for a nap.  Another day gone!  At least this wasn't lengthy.

Retired Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...