Wednesday, September 23, 2009

No repair schedule on the RV/D Star study/Fuddruckers

I had to call the RV dealer today myself, as I would never have a response from them otherwise.  "Oh, ya I was gonna  call ya."  "Our parts guy is out today and he has to recall Tiffin to see if they sent the parts."  "I'll get after him first thing in the morning."

And if I hadn't called, it would be next week when they realized the parts were not arriving.  Out of sight, out of mind.

So much for Shorewood RV.

I took the utility trailer back to the non secure storage lot this morning, and parked it on its spot, in the mud.  Well sort of gravel, mud and weeds.  It will move to Arizona this winter, and that should slow its deterioration some.  Our midwest winters are really hard on equipment.  Especially when it sits in a snowdrift for months on end.

I have been re energized by the purchase of the D Star ham radio.  It is something new to learn about, without a lot of help on the subject available.  I have studied the internet listings on google, and the instruction book.  It spends a lot of time on the 10 ghz backbone operation, that ordinary folks cannot afford.

This means the implementation of the radios in practice is not what is in the instruction book.  I studied for a good part of the afternoon, until it put me to sleep.

This evening, I went out and mowed the yard even though it was still quite wet in the grass.  More rain is forecasted in the next several days, so it had to be knocked down.

They are resurfacing our neighborhood streets here before winter.  They almost had us blocked in today, except for one small lane thru the construction.  I hope we will be notified before they completely block us off.  Time will tell on that.

 Tonight we went back to Fuddruckers, yet again for their fresh burger, and more sweet potato fries.  We do that too much, but can't help ourselves.

Retired Rod

1 comment:

  1. It was good talking to you before the meeting last night, drop into the repeater anytime!

    Swing on by Des Moines sometime and we'll pop a hole in the roof of that Allergo Bay and get your D-Star antenna situated! That nice flat surface will give you one awesome groundplane.

    -Mike

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...