Saturday, May 15, 2010

Friday at the Hamfest.

The Dayton show is really two days long, if you don't count the setup day, and Sunday morning when you have to tear down and get ready to leave.

We drive back to Des Moines, as many of the guys that I go with are still working, and need to be back to work.  Ugh, that four letter word starting with W.  But I plan on staying Sunday night in Des Moines and returning to KC on Monday.  We will have driven or ridden the entire 600 miles from Dayton when we arrive back in Des Moines, and another 4 hours to KC is over the top.

I have done it in prior years, but it is not my smartest decision.

Today was the first full day of the show.  We spent the morning waiting on the trade at our tent booth in the flea market.  We had many things to sell, and many of them were sold today.  As it became noon, I went inside and helped the folks at WB0W in their retail indoor sales store.

Retail vendors rent large table layouts inside the buildings to set up their retail stores.  I think there were 8 of us behind the tables for most of the afternoon.  Customers seemed to have us busy almost all the time.  But, I feel that our closing ratio of sales, was way off this year.  Seems like no matter what I did, I couldn't get folks to say yes I want to buy that.  Its the economy!

So today was a big day, with work and play.  It is kind of blurry whether I was working or playing.  but I spent most of the afternoon doing what ever I was doing.  Again the day is over and we are headed to the second full day.

Tonight we went to a D Star meeting, that we had hopes of being informative, but it turned out to be rather weak.  So after a while we all snuck out and went to Cracker Barrel.  Ummm.\


Tomorrow is another day so I need to finish this and hit the rack!

Retired Rod

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a busy time!!!! I like the Cracker Barrel idea....hope you enjoyed the food. :)

    Take care,
    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
    http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...