Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Returned home to KC

I slept soundly last night, but still awoke tired and lifeless.  Perhaps I am in a sleep deficit.   But I headed out to the South side of Des Moines.  We had a luncheon date.

As a post mortem, we gathered at the local Cheers Bar that we all frequent, Francie's.   Of course I am not a regular anymore, but still enjoy any time I can get there.

Larry, one of the fellows that drove his truck to Dayton had emptied the trailer and returned it to Des Moines from his farm in the Stewart area, so we hooked it to my truck and I was off after the lunch.

It still takes 3 and a half hours to get to the house here in KC, and this afternoon I arrived to the North side of town right at 5 PM.  So I added on another hour to drive oh so slowly thru the freeway traffic, stop and go parking lot.

Finally I arrived home, and began washing up the trailer to place it in storage.  I know it will just get all dirty again over there, but atleast the road grime will be gone.  It rained off an on all day yesterday as we were driving the 600 mile run.  And that always creates the grunge.

So tonight I am again falling asleep at the computer keyboard.  I am three days behind in reading blogs, but can't seem to stay awake enough to read any of them...........z.z.zzzz.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Retired Rod

2 comments:

  1. Three days behind in reading blogs? Heck, you haven't missed a thing, Rod!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are home, safe and sound.
    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...