Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Back at the car auction.

We went to the CarMax dealership first to look at the rejected cars from their trades. Most of the cars are over 100k miles and they do not sell those as a matter of policy. So they sell them auction style on Tuesdays. Some real fixer upers. We didn't stay!

But it rained cats and dogs while we were there. I got trapped in a 2001 Jeep Wrangler for about 20 minutes while the nasty storm went thru. Wind was blowing the rain sideways. This Jeep was old and dirty and not a pleasant place to be, but it was dry. Really hot so I started it up and let the AC run. Not much gas in it though so I ran to the auction garage as fast as a 60 year old can run. Not a pretty sight I am sure.

From there we went to the big auction, as it rained for the rest of the day. We were in and out of cars that we tested so if it got really rainy, it was time to ride in another one.

Here at home, I made some supper and watched the Deadliest Catch on the Discovery Channel. That is the first time I have seriously watched TV in weeks. Since we were in Texas last winter I think.

So now it is off to bed so that I can get up tomorrow and go to the actual auction. We do not have anything in mind to buy but we will see if any opportunities come up in one of the lanes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...