Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thursday is always slow

We spend thursday delivering cars to be repaired to the respective fix it places. And so it was again today. A Nissan went to the new car dealer to get a fix. Under warranty we thought but maybe not so.

The previous owner may have broken it and time will tell. So that's life. Other than that we went to a bar and grill by the name of Otto's that I had never been to before. I was on the Kansas side on College avenue.

Thursday was steak sandwich day. They listed it as fillet sandwich, but for 6.99 with fries for a 5 oz fillet, it must be fillet of monkey. LOL. Fillet is ten to twelve bucks a pound, so 5 oz would be about a third of a pound, or four bucks. They couldn't be selling a sandwich with fries that had a four dollar piece of meat in it for 7.

But if they were it was a real deal. And it tasted quite good as well. They had mushrooms and provolone cheese on the steak and a great big fixins bar to add tomato and letuce and the like.

Man I wasn't hungry until about 9 PM tonight. Here at home, I spent some time finding faux wood blinds to put up in the large windows on the back of the house. I finally ordered them from blinds.com. They have a sale going on the real wood blinds but I ordered the fake ones as they won't split and fade in color like the wood ones do.

The dear wife has wanted these for the last year, but I have held out since I do not like to have all the blinds closed. I feel so shut in when all the windows are covered tight. Like I was in a prision. Psycological to be sure but still, let me outa here.

Oh and the cell phone charger shot its self about mid way thru last week, so I was charging in the car. I fianally found one of those on an internet site. Looked fly by night, so I paypaled it. The shipping cost as much as the charger. But its supposed to be a real Motorola! Yea right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...