Monday, December 7, 2009

Ahead of a Storm

We have had nasty weather here again today, as it began to rain in the middle of the afternoon.  It had warmed up enough in the night, that it almost felt like you could go outside for a while, but then the clouds came and the cold rain started.

We have had that storm system pass us on by now, but it is going back down in the freezer tonight.  Tomorrow the second storm is set to arrive, which has much more snow in it.  We are at the line of freezing rain, sleet and snow.  They are not sure which we will get.  Perhaps some of each.

I am, or was planning to go to the cabin at Lake Ozark tomorrow morning.  It has been five or six weeks since I have been there, and I feel the heat needs to be checked to make sure it is working.

We spent the day with the TV on football, and Loyce working on her crafts.  She left for a mid afternoon shopping trip, but since I was glued to the games, I only know she returned after a period of time, with a bunch of purchases.

We had a nice dinner of pork chops and acorn squash, and then I settled back to the games.  Ah.. Sunday's in football season!!!

If the storm holds off long enough for me to scoot out of here in the morning, I will go. Perhaps I will take the pickup truck, as it has four wheel drive.  I will make these calls in the morning.


Retired Rod

1 comment:

  1. Nasty weather there, Rod. I hate it when the weather is mixed like that - rain, sleet and snow. It's really cold here this morning too 30F but there isn't a cloud in the sky so at least we don't have to worry about snow anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...