Sunday, July 18, 2010

Even hotter!


It isn't often that I see this thing read 40 C.  Ya that is a 104 F.  I think it is reading too hot, as I only had a 100 on the electronic model.  But then the electronic model could be reading too low.

When I left Wal-Mart about 15 minutes before this picture was taken, the motorscooter was reading 101.  It changed to 102 when I was in the middle of downtown, and then went back to 100 when I got home.  So somewhere in that range was our actual temperature.

I had on all the mesh jacket and pants when I was riding, but I cannot go for more than about 15 minutes, and I have to get parked and into a store or something.  I resist doing the bar thing, but one does what one has to do.  I my case it was park in the garage and hide in the AC.

Our day here was an easy one, as we had the 3 year old here all afternoon, and grandma took her swimming at our subdivision pool.  I'm not sure what I did, but it wasn't any type of work! LOL.

Mostly computer and reading.  Oh and I messed with the new camera figuring out the HD video function.  I was using the HD AVCHD lite format, as that is the one that I was not familiar with.  It works flawlessly, recording HD and compressing it into a file that is not much larger than the old non HD Motion Jpeg.

I was concerned that the Windows 7 Media Player would not be able to play it back.  But not to worry, it played back without a hitch.  This laptop is a full 16x9 screen model, and the HD fills it from side to side.  I was very pleased.

I have not found something suitable to load up to you tube as a test of their acceptance of the AVCHD file format, but I would be very surprised if they didn't accept it.  They have to be right on top of this stuff as it is their business.

Otherwise we went out to dinner at 54th street bar and grill, a local chain here in KC.  We are beginning to discuss with our son and daughter in law plans to head out of KC for a little vacation.  These plans are made in Jello, but include Colorado as a destination.

Sitting here when the thermometer is over 100 doesn't seem like the brightest thing to do when you have a portable house!

Retired Rod

8 comments:

  1. Colorado just has a cool sound to it. Somewhere up high in the mountains and shade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I'd say Colorado sounds like just about the perfect place right about now. If they can put a thermometer on a Scooter you would think they could at least install A/C as well, eh:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last time we went to Colorado it got into the 90s during the day and the 50's at night, the third day there(August) we woke up to a couple inchs of snow that melted right away and then it was sunny and hot that day. Hope you have Sept in mibd for cooler temps. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rod,
    Here at Mountaindale, the temp in the daytime has been in the high 80's to low 90's, while it drops to the high 50's at night.
    Really nice!
    Sure enjoy reading your blog each day.
    Hugs to both of you.
    Ed & Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's still a lot of summer left, so Colorado sounds like a great place to hang out until it cools down a bit. Looking forward to seeing one of your HD movie clips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think my old ancestors must have trapped in that part of the country, took one look at your thermometer and headed north....lol. It is in the low 70's here in the day and overnight it drops into the low 50's, high 40's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree..Colorado sounds like the place to be.

    Stay cool!!
    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, my solution to a hot weather is go to the beach and let yourself be refreshed by the cold water.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...