Friday, May 25, 2012

The DMV is on the Phone!

I was up early and out mowing and trimming the yard for most of the morning.  Then it was wash two motor scooters, and by then the grand kids were over here and helped wiping them all down till they shined.

That was about when Loyce came out and said the DMV had called and our tags were ready.....  Now that's a switch.  A personal call that things were complete!  It looked like it could rain any minute, but Loyce and the kids were merrily washing away on one of the cars.

So I jumped on Salt, the white bike and headed over to the DMV just to see if this could possibly be true.   And it Was!

I was greeted by a greeter at the inside of the door and directed to a line of one other person besides myself...  And we had two processors taking care of this small line.  I was up to the desk in only a minute and with my name she had the papers out.  I wrote the check for the required amount and she handed me the packet as she entered the payment into the computer!  She thanked me and that was that!

I wasn't in there more than five minutes!!

On the way back, I stopped at the Suzuki dealership and picked up the top handlebar cover that I had ordered last week.  Salt's previous owner had drilled a bunch of holes in the old one for some kind of electronic item.  And with the item gone the holes looked nasty.

Back here at home we removed and installed the cover and also the new license plate!  And as one of the patrons that left the DMV with her new plates earlier this week said "I'm Free!"

The rest of the day was kind of inconsequential so I won't bother blogging about it, but I sure hope that our folks at the state are starting to get their system together, and perhaps I was there on the worst day they had.  Or at least it seemed that way to me.

Retired Rod

2 comments:

  1. Geez Rod, It appears you have taken the spammer from Al's house...
    Upriverdavid

    ReplyDelete
  2. butterbean carpenterMay 25, 2012 at 2:00 PM

    Howdy Rod,
    HOORAY FOR THE GREAT STATE OF KANSAS, finally!!!!!!!!!!!

    At last you got something!!!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...