Friday, May 18, 2012

Hospital fun in the morning......

I was up at 6 AM this morning as the sun was just peeking over the Eastern horizon........   I am always drastically blurry eyed at this time of morning.......  But I had to snap out of it and get ready for the day because it was muster at 8 AM at the Hospital!!

The Kansas University Med Center is way up North from out here in the burbs, and requires a morning drive time experience on the local Interstate..  Traffic was buzzing about like bees.  A guy cut me off on the very first intersection causing an angry bunch of drivers behind me to honk madly.....

I refrained from any in appropriate gestures but ya gotta know that my heart told me to go ahead and let if fly!  But after an hour of interstate fun, I arrived at the lab....  Only to find it full!!!  Too many folks to get the tests done.  Oh, well on to the next stop.......

Radiology was next, and they needed to start an IV as well, so I conned them into doing the tests that the lab should have taken.....

After several hours of this fun, I ended up at the Doctor's office to find out the results of all of this fun.

The long and short of all of this is that I was declared to be Cancer Free on this trip to the surgeon...  And he had to admire all his work on my front side too......  I still don't admire all this though as I have quite a bit of pain from these endeavors.........  But Hey!  I'm alive and riding the scooter and going RVing so what's not to like?

But this is only a short term declaration of well being.......  I have to be back again in three short months to have it all done again....   Kind of like living with an anvil hanging over your head with a shoestring for a support.........

Retired Rod


13 comments:

  1. Love those words - cancer free. Even though they are only for three months. The doc here is letting us get by until September for Jim's next check up. Still in pain - he sneezed and it brought him to his knees in tears. Going to be awhile yet. But he's pretty sure he'll be up to getting us out of here on June 7 or maybe even the 5th after we see the doc on the 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff. Three months will go by fast. Get out there and ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news is good for the soul!

    Joe and Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news and that shoestring is better than a thread that was there last fall. Next time it might be a poly rope and then a chain. Looking forward to seeing your new digs in the fall when it is habitable in the Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my wonderful news my dear friend.

    Take Care
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great News buddy, that is what I wanted to hear, Now get set for some fun and adventure. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete
  7. That good news made the trip well worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific news, Rod. Now, get on that scooter and ride like the wind - and don't forget to stop at Wendy's for a burger, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear your good news. Have a Great Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. butterbean carpenterMay 18, 2012 at 2:41 PM

    Howdy Rod,
    Sounds wonderful to me, friend!!! Next time it'll be 6 months, then a year!!!
    Hooray, for Rod, the scooter-man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations brother-in-law! I am so thrilled for you-as well-as proud of you for all you have been through! This is such wonderful news! I hope you celebrate your good news and good health! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...