Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Not a pressing day!

Another routine day in Kansas...  But it started out with rain, and I wanted to go ride the scooter over for a haircut....  "Drat, I'll have to take the car," I thought.  But I busied myself paying bills on line as it was the first of the month.  That always takes my mind off of problems in the near term..

So by noon the rain was over and  I was off on the scooter for my haircut and shopping trip.  As usual, we had a good time over at the barbershop with good natured teasing and the ebb and flow of the usual BS.

Then a short stop over in Wal Mart for adult beverages that aren't allowed to be sold at Wal Marts here in Kansas.  Remember that Carrie Nation and her Temperance movement began here, and the laws still very much reflect this.  Not so in Missouri.  In Kansas we have to use free standing liquor stores and they are quite a bit higher priced (Taxed).

Wendy's was in the mix somewhere there too, and I ended up over at my oldest son's and DIL's house for much of the rest of the afternoon.  Not a pressing day, but then who wants one of those when you are retired..........

Retired Rod

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like Kansas should be moved into Canada!No booze in our grocery stores either and the liquor stores are owned by the government.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds to me like you enjoyed your day. Have another good one today, Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that about Kansas and the liquor stores.

    I found that out in Utah when I went hunting for something for JB's mom to bring back.

    Actually Alberta's liquor stores are privately owned now and have been for some years. But the government does tax them to death lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure we all pay taxes on alcohol sold everywhere in the country, but at least in some states the govt isn't actually performing the sale. Growing up in Ohio I remember all the laws that are probably off the books by now - but not the state run liquor stores.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In B.C., there are both Government Liquor stores and private liquor stores too. But no sales of alcohol are allowed in any grocery stores, gas stations, Walmarts etc. Liquor and Cigarettes are taxed pretty heavily - as they should be since they contribute to more health problems than anything else. Now, if we could tax marijuana sales we'd all be in good shape!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...