Saturday, May 2, 2009

Fun at the Doctor's

I was up at 6:30 and out of the house at 7:30. Just like going to work, that I don't do any more. There is not much commuter traffic this far South in the city, but on the way to the Doctor's I pass three schools. They were a zoo.

The Doctor looked in one ear and the nurse into the other, and they didn't see each other. So I must have been fine. I was with the Doc for about a half an hour, and he was very thorough. Then on to the lab where they drain all that old nasty blood out. They claim it is for tests, but surely they must cast some of that off, as they couldn't do that many tests.

They were making noise about a sleep study, and then a colon scope, but I somehow dodged all those balls. Times are tough, and they all need to eat you know.

It was cold here as I returned home, in the early 50's, but I got dressed and rode the scooter over to get a full tank of gas. All 1.3 gallons of it. It uses premium at 2.13 a gallon. I had driven over 100 miles since the last fill up, but didn't keep records to do a mpg. Somewhere over 75 is about right.

Mid afternoon I was in the basement sorting electrical stuff and found 6 rolls of wire, to rewire the dock.

Since it was cold and rainy, I will let the weather move to the next pattern before I go back.

I made homemade Pizza tonight, which will make up for all the fasting for the blood work. Can't get too healthy you know.

I see I was taking some good natured ribbing about my plight with home repairs from Sandra of Nightly News. But then in the very next blog I read, RVing with Poppa, Dortha was explaining how happy they were to finally leave the motorhome factory after many days. Perhaps there is a balance somewhere in this, but it would seem that repairs occur in both lifestyles.

My problems will keep me occupied and out of trouble for a while! LOL

Retired Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...