Saturday, May 9, 2009

Fun calling the Doctor

Today we had the Three year old grand daughter here all day. She is a delight to have around and played with all of the toys here which are different than the toys at her house. We have a kitchen and a doll house with furniture. A little girls delight.

So not much else got done here besides waiting for the Doctor's office to call back from my visit the other day. You call in and put your name on their list, and then hang by the phone all day for them to call back. Finally at 2:30 I gave up and went over to Wendy's for a 99 cent burger, and they called immediately after I left.

So then you call back and can only talk to their answer machine, and put your name in again, but this time it is after 4 so they will call you tomorrow. Repeatedly, I pushed the zero button and finally an operator, receptionist answered. I explained the phone tag and that I had stayed home all day waiting. Could I please talk to the nurse that had been calling. Well she put me on hold, and then came back that they had to call me back but it would be yet today.

All of this to find out that I was fine and to just go ahead with the status quo. Steam! But I really am glad that the labs were great, but the way they go about things you think you may die while you get your call answered.

Tonight was ham club night, so I spent the evening at the club sponsoring church, and then later at Godfather's Pizza. We had a good informative meeting, and those of us going to Dayton exchanged phone numbers.

Tomorrow we may head out to Des Moines to see Loyce's dad. He is still in the nursing home.

Retired Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...