Friday, July 24, 2009

Financial this and that day

This was a family financial matter day.  As we are getting ready to scoot out of here for a three week trip to the Northern and western states, we need to get many things in order before we can leave.

That requires that Rod gets on the stick and addresses these things instead of putting them off.  It seems too much liked the old work job responsibilities, and I will try to duck out at every opportunity.  Seems as though I really do not want to be responsible any more.

After lots of phone calls, I needed to go see the insurance folks to redo some of that coverage, so I drove over and spent time in their office, mid afternoon.

After returning home, I tried to use the Lexmark printer, and found that the ink cartridge was bone dry.  And I needed a fax right now.  This called for some serious scooter riding, over to the local Cartridge World, where I got into a discussion about the merits of a step thru scooter with the tech.

He was interested in the mileage, which is more than 75, but I have never really checked it since you only put in a gallon or so every three of four days.  When a fill up is about $2.50 your mileage doesn’t really matter much.

After a serious nap in the 5 PM time frame, we had supper and I have stared into this computer ever since.  A rather boring day, but someone has to do it.

Retired Rod

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. I am so done with responsibilities but it seems that they just don't get done with you!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...