Monday, October 13, 2008

Sunday projects

Seems like I can always find a project here at the sticks and bricks house. Loyce wanted her pumpkin decorations fixed this morning, so I busied myself with that.

She had broken the stick that goes into the ground, on one and had pulled the pumkin off the stick on a second. The first one had a yard stick like woden stick to go in the ground, and I replaced it with a 1 X 2. After cutting a point on the end to the stick, I used the air nailer to fasten the whole shebang to the new piece of wood.

The sceond pumkin had adequate wood but very poor staples that held it together. A few quick shots from the nail gun, and it was good as new.

This didn't seem like much of a project to me, but to Loyce it is really good to have them fixed. She wanted to glue the stick back together so I knew she needed help.

So after lunch I set about a new cable TV wire to the TV we set up next to the stationery bike in the basement. This wasn't too big a deal either, but I had to go to Lowes to get a 4 way splitter. I had the 250 foot spool of RG 6 wire that I had purchased from a liquidator in Dayton, Oh at the Hamfest in May.

So I made the short cable to attach the splitter to one of the existing connections, and then moved the wire I took off to the new splitter. It worked, so then it was on to installing a new wire on the floor joice. Of course the staple gun was all jammed and had to be taken apart, and then reloaded.

Climb the ladder staple 2 joice move the ladder, climb it again staple 2 more. It took me a good hour and a half to get that project done once I got home from Lowes. The TV now has all the cable channels.

I would have been faster, but I had the TV's on the football game, and was side tracked by that some of the time. lol

Well that was enough real work for the day, so I came up stairs to finish the games on the big TV. And of course that caused the nap in front of the TV. Real exciting stuff!

Tonight I am working with the laptop, as it has a hard drive on its last legs. I have backed up the my documents leg of the drive tree, but I would like to figure out if the drive is actually bad or if I have lost the chain sequence of the file logics. This all started after that darned service pak 3 update in the RV park. Girrrrr!

I hate to have to buy a new hard drive because you kn0w I will never get all the programs loaded that drive all the HP stuff on the computer. Wish me luck.

Retired Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...