Monday, December 15, 2008

Baby its Cold Outside!

What the heck happened?  It was 59 degrees at 10 AM and kind of a misty rain outside.  Overcast, but warm.  And then all of a sudden, it seemed colder and then colder and then…….

As I sit here in the middle of the night, its 9 degrees outside.  And the wind is still 20 with gusts to 30 MPH.  Burrrr!  Its below zero up in Iowa, and I didn’t look any farther North.

By mid afternoon, I couldn’t stand it any longer and went shopping at the man’s toy store, Best Buy.  Played with all the latest cell phones and the verizon aircard that was hooked to a laptop and operating.  Checked into speedtest.net just to see how fast it really was.  Found it to be dismal into Denver.  Something like 250 K up and 350 K down.

I had to show the sales person the results, and left them checking out the connections.  Must have been on the Denver end, because Chicago showed 1.8 M.  Being the ornery fellow I am, I didn’t tell them about that reading.

Didn’t buy anything, but had fun messing around in the store just the same.

Tonight I have been playing computer, and talking on Skype, so the night passed before I knew where it went.

Phoenix is to be 47 tonight, and almost 60 tomorrow.  Can I leave right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...