Saturday, December 13, 2008

Crock of......Cheese!

In the 4 quart crock pot I put the following.

1 1/2 Lbs Velveeta cubed
8 Oz Cream Cheese cubed
12 strips of bacon crumbled
1 can of Rotel Original Tomatoes
8 Oz chopped Frozen Spinach

Turn on High for about an hour until the cheese melts, stirring every now and then. Then go to low for the next hour or so until you need to eat it.

In my case it got to be about 2 hours, so I added some milk to keep it at the right consistency to take to the Ham Club Christmas party. It was hot enough to burn your mouth when I left home, but it is about a half hour drive to the Christian Church 60 blocks North of here. We have a freeway that goes up that way, or it would take a lot longer in city traffic.

Man we had a spread of goodies. I had brought the only pot of melted cheese and tortilla chips, so it was popular. We had three kinds of little smokies, in different sauces. And little finger sandwiches with a liver patte. And all the cakes and cookies that I can't take. I did cheat and have a small slice of lemon pound cake. I love lemon anything and can never have any.

We had the round ten person tables, but folks mixed it up not sitting at any one table too long, so we got to talk to everyone.

We adjourned the business meeting, as the first motion, not even reading the minutes from last time. Everyone was in favor. LOL

A nice evening.

Retired Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...