Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The normal grind.

As if nothing was different, we return to the normalcy of everyday life in Overland Park, Kansas. It is amazing to me just how fast the on the road life can return to, ..... well, everyday life, back home.

We returned Saturday evening in a snow storm. Felt the shut in feeling of the snow, as it restricts our travel. Put every thing back away, for a yet undisclosed journey, sometime in the future. And settled in to the grandma babysitter role. Grandpa is the support system that goes and gets. Go get some, blah blah blah. You know, what ever we don't have now.

We went thru a mound of mail to try and segregate the actual bills, and things that need attention, from the sea of other stuff. We had about three bushels of mail. Meaning it would fill three of my grand dads apple baskets, from the orchard he ran years ago.

After sending out a dozen checks, maybe we have the vultures at rest for a while.

Yesterday, we reprogramed another Linksys WRT54GL router with the DD-WRT software, for my son. It is so feature rich, beyond the original router software, it allows configuration for almost anything you want to do. Well in the wifi world anyway. I think his wife was more excited to get it than he was. She is the real internet guru in the family.

I went to get a haircut, yesterday afternoon at my local barber shop. Once in the chair, I began to realize that all the barbers had raging colds. Coughing and blowing their noses. While they handled my hair. Nothing like being doused in a fresh batch of germs! All three of these guys were so sick, they were like the walking dead.

Afterwords I went and bought a big bottle of Purell. I used it as hair tonic, literally bathing my hands and face in the stuff. Now I just hope and pray, I do not restart the infection I had at Llano Grande, in Texas. Shouldn't there be a law about personal service industry folks not spreading these things to their customers?

Nothing news worthy yet today, so I will stop boring you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...