Sunday, January 31, 2010

Kansas Froggy!



My mommy didn't like my little brother, because she said he was too red!!  And I was a lot taller, and fatter, with a lot more colors.  She liked blues and greens.  So my brother got left at the store, and I got to come home to the motor home.  I'm sitting right out side of the door.

My daddy paid the nice man for me and carried me out to the car, about a million miles away from the booth where I was living.  I guess I am kind of heavy considering all the griping he was doing.  On the way out to the car, I was causing quite the attraction, as all the ladies would come over and ask what my name was and where I was going.  Of course I have no idea where Kansas is, so I couldn't explain that.  Is that where Toto lives?

Daddy cleaned out the back seat of the car to make room for me to sit.  I am tall enough to look out the window, and need the seat belt around me to keep me from flying forward against the front seat.  You can see my big eyes from outside the car!

They left me there all by myself, while they went out and walked all over the flea market.  They were gone for a very long time, and brought back a bunch more sacks of stuff that they put on the seat with me. 

I have already traveled a long way from Southern Mexico, in the store man's big truck along with a lot of other stuff that he bought for the flea market store.  How far away is Kansas?

Anyway, I think I have a lot of personality, and can't wait to hang out on the front porch to attract as much attention as possible.  Do you think there are any other frogs from Mexico in Kansas?

Well for now I get to sit here in front of the motor home and look important, and see if I can get some of the gals to come over and pat me on the head.  Will you come see me?

I understand that my mommy and daddy are going over to Lake Havasu City for an overnight in the hotel, to look around and see if they might want to move the motor home up there for a while.  I've never been there before, so I hope they like it.  But while they are gone, they say I have to stay inside the motor home, so someone won't decide they like me more than they do.

 


Is that Kansas over there???
Retired Rod






5 comments:

  1. Mister Frog went a-courtin, he did ride, uh-huh, uh-huh.
    Mister Frog went a-courtin, he did ride, uh-huh, uh-huh.
    Mister Frog went a-courtin, he did ride,
    A sword and buckler by his side, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh.
    ===============================================
    And for the rest of the Kansas Froggy song you can go here....

    http://www.lyricskeeper.com/burl_ives-lyrics/203946-froggy_went_a_courtin-lyrics.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiy caramba! All the way from Mexico? You sure are a handsome froggie. RIBBIT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frogie-you are very colorful! Also, a one of a kind-at least in Kansas! I think your master should write children's books-too cute! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a very beautiful addition to the patio, Froggi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Frog Like Me

    "Ribbit ribbit I am a frog
    As pretty as a frog can be
    I love to jump from log to log
    Come with me and you'll see

    Eating bugs is what I do
    My legs are kinda short
    I promise not to hug or kiss you
    Cause that will give you warts

    My skin is really bumpy
    Not as smooth as yours
    Like when your head gets lumpy
    From walking into a door

    Being a frog can be fun
    When swimming with mom and dad
    Jump on in and get some sun
    Out here on my lilly pad

    I never swear or even fight
    Thats not the way to be
    So now you know what it's like
    To be a frog like me."

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...